Location: Inspiration House, Carrs Lane, Tromode, Isle of Man, IM4 4RG
We’re looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer who is ready to demonstrate and accelerate their technical capabilities and experience.
In this customer-facing role, you will help implement and support multi-cloud and managed services.
As the Service/Support Engineer, you will deliver exceptional customer service whilst utilising your knowledge, experience and interactions with colleagues and vendors.
You will delight our customers through prompt continual interaction when troubleshooting and resolving technical issues within existing SLAs.
You will deliver the same activities for internal systems and services, and assist with service installation, monitoring and ongoing maintenance.
In this role, you will need to build strong relationships with key customers and be an ambassador for the company.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a helpdesk/support role, excellent Windows Server and Desktop knowledge and a good foundation in Azure and Office 365. Experience in Virtual Desktop Solutions would be advantageous.
The role requires a person who meets deadlines, possesses good organisation skills, and can communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Want to join our growing family?
Synapse360 is a leading managed cloud and data protection provider. We help businesses protect their critical data and move to the cloud with game-changing backup and disaster recovery solutions.
We integrate powerful technologies from our key vendors (Dell, VMware and Microsoft) to deliver successful customer outcomes.
Our portfolio includes fully managed private cloud, multi-cloud, data protection, VDI, and monitoring services for our customers.
It’s an exciting time to join. Can you help make a difference?
- Complete assigned service tickets for both proactive and reactive sources such as customer challenges, monitoring alerts, installation tasks, patching requests etc.
- Assist in client onboarding or application/device installation (remote or onsite)
- Participate in system patching including security hot fixes
- Complete online technical training and certifications
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills and background in supporting solutions based on Microsoft Technologies and Services for multi-user environments
- Convey a trusted advisor position and build trust
- Ability to build strong relationships with key customer contacts
The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise in the installation and support of multi-cloud infrastructures.
- 3 years’ experience in working in a helpdesk/support role diagnosing and solving issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills such as: communication skills, active listening, and customer care with the ability to communicate at all levels with customers
- Excellent documentation and ITIL skills
- Excellent Knowledge Windows Server 2012/2016/2019/2022 including AD and DNS
- Experience of configuring Windows 10/11 Desktop based devices
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Good foundation in Microsoft Azure and willingness to expand knowledge
- Good foundation of MS Exchange on premise and O365 Hybrid architecture
- Experience of Dell/HP or similar server hardware
- Good understanding of Networking (Routers & Switches) and Firewall (Cisco, F5 Palo Alto)
Desirable Skills (one or several of the following)
- Experience of VMware Horizon View and/or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop
- Experience with Hypervisor technologies specifically VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience with SharePoint on-premise and online
- Experience with Storage technologies including SAN, NAS, VSAN
- Experience of MDM solutions including Microsoft InTune
- Experience of Monitoring Solutions such as LogicMonitor, vRealise etc.
- Experience of 2FA or MFA solutions
- Experience of Cyber and Security products
- Used to working out of ours, providing on-call services to assist customers and troubleshoot issues
- General good standard of GCSE (Grades A-C)
- Relevant IT education qualifications at GCSE/A Level (Grades A-C)
Our culture and rewards
- Hybrid – flexible working environment
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities
- Modern, vibrant office with great facilities
- Manchester city centre location (public transport friendly)
- BUPA Private Health care, Death in Service
- 25 days holiday allowance (plus UK bank holidays)
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
31st August 2022